Thursday, January 7, 2010

Meatish Sweetballs

R. is having a party after work today.

I don't usually go to these things, but I decided I had to go to this one because it may be the Goodbye Party for B., the Head of Reference, who has announced his intention to resign some time in November. He and his significant other are moving to Arizona.

I asked R. if I could bring beer; she said she had plenty but that I could bring either an appetizer (e.g., cheese and crackers) or a dessert of some kind. Or nothing - she didn't care.

So this morning I sent her this e-mail:
Just FYI:

I’ll be there, but I’m not coming empty-handed.

I will be bringing my World Famous Meatish Sweetballs, so called because they are not made of meat – at least, not from any animal you’d have heard of … hence “Meatish”; and to compensate for this lack of real meat, I add tons of sugar – so … “Sweetballs”.

When you bite into one, you’re guaranteed to exclaim: “Yummy! I can really taste the balls!”

My Meatish Sweetballs will look and taste exactly like whatever dessert is on sale over at Shop Rite.

But don’t be fooled: I made them myself.
Yeah because I'm that guy at work who abuses the e-mail system thusly.

No comments:

Post a Comment