Sunday, March 28, 2010

Boner Street

Today's 9.67-mile run included a section through a development hereabouts that has streets shaped like this:

Something about running on these streets — maybe it's just my native competitiveness? — gives me a boner1.

That 9.67 miles, however, put me over 100 for the month of March; now even though I know 100 miles is about what Dr. Super Runner2 and his Dad SteveQ do in a week, still I am somewhat bone-headly happy at the prospect of having my highest mileage month 4EVAH (since I started tracking mileage, at least), and I may even get one or two more runs in before the end of the month, making a 110 miles total not outside the realm of possibility. Or, to put it less wordily, making it possible.

I was even relatively happy with my pace, which was a 9:18-mile average, which for me is pretty good for that distance; because anything above 8 miles, for me, qualifies as a long run. I guess this was also good practice for the end of next month, when I have a 15k race scheduled. That will be by far the longest I've ever raced and I have but two goals in mind: finish it; and do the whole thing running — i.e., without walk breaks.

These are modest goals, but as those of you who read this blog on a regular basis know, I am a pretty fucking modest man. Perhaps Teh Most Modest Man 4EVAH in Teh History of Teh Known & Unknown Universe. Wait. Now that I think about it, there's no Perhaps about it. I am3.
_____
Yesterday, I brewed me up a Grand Cru Belgian White. Today it'll be a nice Dry Rye Roggenbier, the first time I've brewed one. You hear a lotta foax say that beer is just liquid bread because it uses a lot of the same ingredients as bread, but these Roggenbiers really do taste like liquid rye bread. And I mean that in the good sense. I won't get a chance to sample these beers until May, but that's okay. Good beer is worth waiting for.

I have one other kit here but I probably won't get a chance to brew it today.
_____
Teh 'Bride's younger brother just e-mailed that he was interviewed for 40 minutes on some local Delaware AM station regarding Health Care Reform. Her brother, whom she calls "Wombat", is running for state senate in DE.

I think it's cute that Delaware has state senators, just like The Big Grown Up States. Delaware is so cute it makes me want to incorporate myself there.  

Who's a cute little statey-wate? Delaware is! Delaware is!A-wubba-wubba-wuuba-wubba!1!

WOMBAT FOR SENATE, 2010!1!
_____
1 Mine's bigger.

You must've seen that coming. (That's what SHE — O, never mind. If I continue with this endless line of thought I'll never be able to make a graceful exit from this stupid footnote. Meet me back up top. (THAT'S ...! etc.))

2 Who, by the way, just came in first in his AG at Trailbreaker. Don't wait till he writes his race report to stop by his blog and congratulate him because at the rate he posts to the blog these daze? Yeah, that report may not happen in our lifetime.

3 ... I said/ To no one there/ And no one heard at all not even Teh hair/ On my n*ts@ck.

6 comments:

  1. Me like Grand Cru. Hoegaarden's is best.

    To be Nic's father, I'd have to have been more popular in junior high school. Or at least popular with just one girl. Come to think of it, those are the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 9.67 at 9:18? Impressive!!

    Seriously impressive...but also gay. Because a heterosexual man would find vagina shaped streets on which to run.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate it when workouts get in the way of keeping up with the comments. There's LuMu in there with the good comment already.

    Though I should hope yours is bigger, I measured that street on screen, and it's only 2 inches long.

    If LuMu says 9:18 per mile is impressive, I'll have to go along. I haven't any idea how far a mile is anymore, and the math to figure out what that pace is in real units is beyond me at the moment. I will look forward to hearing your finish time for your 15 K race. Good luck with that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, I feel that way about Rhode Island. I want to grab Rhode Island's cheeks and pinch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now all I can think is...

    "It's like a baby's arm holding an apple."

    Damn you, sir.

    ReplyDelete
  6. he'll never make it into the senate. not if they find out about you during the vetting process...

    ReplyDelete