Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Why I Hate Fucking Blogger ... And You Should Love it

To be clear: Despite what is syntactically implied in the first half of this post's title, above, I have not fucked blogger1. Maybe what I should have written is:

"Why I fucking hate blogger" ...

... but I like the way I phrased it because it implies that blogger is a DIRTY GOAT-DIDDLING WHOO-WER, which it is!1!

Because here's what happened that'll make you love it and makes me hate it:

I had a 3000+-word post on a song by The Who — which I had been working on, off and on, for a week or so — that was ALL READY TO POST this morning; and I went in to tweak it one last time ... and I hit cntrl-Z one too many times and Blogger disappeared the whole post ... then auto-saved it!

See? Told you you would end up loving blogger! Because you're vicious whoo-wers, ALL OF YOU, just like blogger!1!!1!

But I'm smarter than blogger and I remembered that I had previewed this post just yesterday on my work PC so I went into the cache to see if that page was still there ... and it was! So I have an earlier draft of this post (still 3000+ words2) to work from, but some additions and emendations have been lost. So I have to try to recreate them ... from my stupid fucking brainpan!1!

So thee be fairly forewarned: This Amazing Grace Post ("I Once Was Lost But Now Am Found") won't be up till tomorrow at the earliest, so you can start avoiding it like the plague a full 24 hours early! Avoid the Bloomsday Rush!

In the meantime, Whoo-wers, enjoy this:



And don't forget you're hiding ... behind an Eminence Front!
_________
Addendum High Noon: Proof that I wasn't lying on SteveQ's blog:

See? "bednesse".
_________
1 But I stand by the syntactic implications of the second part of the title, which implies that you have fucked blogger, and you loved it.

Pigs.

2 It let me retrieve my lost work! Bet you hate blogger now! Hahahahaha! Welcome to my world, WHOO-WERS!1!

5 comments:

  1. My security won't let me read posts that have profanity in them. Fuck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could've photoshopped the "bednesse." There's no proof of anything in cyberspace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a whole lecture about how -ing words can serve multiple purposes in a sentence (verb, adjective, noun). Last semester, I used the word "fuck" to illustrate. Probably the only lecture my students will ever remember...

    ReplyDelete
  4. @G: I think Blogger was giving you a karmic kick in the n*ts@ck (what a pain in the ass to type those symbols. You have WAY too much time on your hands) for picking on a sweet, kindhearted school teacher. *bats eyelashes and drags toe coyly in front of her*

    We all know it was that whoo-wer goat messing with my man that gave him the canker sore. Hairy balled slut.

    @SQ: re: comment 1: Yeah right, you would never read a single one of mine or G's posts if that was true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ... but I like the way I phrased it because it implies that blogger is a DIRTY GOAT-DIDDLING WHOO-WER, which it is!1!

    Wouldn't that make you the self-flagellating dirty goat that diddles Blogger even though it hates it?

    ReplyDelete