Wednesday, August 11, 2010

At The Branch

Well, just as I did last year when I ran this stupid Flying Pig 5k, I'm killing time at one of the branch libraries because the Flying Pig race is held in this town and it starts at 7 and instead of going all the way home and back (40 minutes each way), I decided to stick around and kill time whatever way I could right here. Which means I'm on one of the branch's public PCs writing a pre-race report and it's only 5:40 so I still got like 45 minutes to go before I make the 10-minute drive to the park where the race is being held.

You may remember that the weather for last year's FP5k was overcast and googleplex humid. (I'd link to the post where I mentioned that last year except that was on a different blog that some n*ts@ck-fondling fucktard deleted.) Well, this year it's humid but less so, not overcast, and fucking hot. I'm running this for a tee-shirt?

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I think (hey, I just write 'em; I don't read 'em, because I find my writing style to be crass and offensive), I have an appointment tomorrow for a full physical, including bloodwork, so I can't even have a fucking beer after this thing, which totally sucks and, I'm sorry, thoroughly refutes any argument in favor of the existence of a Loving and Caring God. Because if I have a beer, I may eff up the results of the blood work. Who know - it might even screw up the measurements they do of the fat content in my eyes. Point is, it's not worth the risk.

The good thing is, I took off tomorrow because I have this doctor's appointment and then some other stuff to do and then my last Physical Therapy session.

It is definitely gonna be my last session because Andy and I talked at yesterday's session and agreed this week was it for P/T. I stayed strong. He cried. What a pussy1! But the thing is he told me about this new program they have - free for the first month - whereby I can visit the physical therapy place any time I want and use the facilities as I would a gym, and continue doing the exercises on my own except, of course, he and Tony would be there if I was having problems or questions or felt I was backsliding or just wanted a hug or maybe even a little more than a hug. So I leapt at that chance.

So no more getting off from work for P/T, but, also, no cold turkey withdrawal from it, either.

Now I'm just trying to decide whether I wanna go get something to eat before this thing. I'm not really hungry, but I guess I should go find me a bagel or something.

I definitely have to go wash my hands after using a public PC. Gee, I wonder why the keyboard is so sticky?
________
1 By which I mean he has a very attractive vagina.

5 comments:

  1. Before I use the keyboards at the public library, I wash them and the mouse with one of those moist swabby things that come in the little foil wrappers.

    I'm dying to read the post you write, after you've been fasting for however long you have to fast for your blood work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make sure you get a PSA (prostate specific antigen) test with your bloodwork. Please. Remember Mr. RBR's DRE was completely normal and he was symptom free.

    I will be back to my snarky self soon. I have lost my snarktabulousness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beer is always worth it. But if you have to hold out, I'd bring one to the Drs. office and crack that baby open as soon as the blood work is done. Good luck on the tests.

    ReplyDelete
  4. and RBR does a Public Service Announcement (PSA) about PSA. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got back from a walk - it's too damn hot to run? WTF are u doing, crazy man?

    Good luck on your test tomorrow. Hope you get an A+++++

    ReplyDelete